Baptist Health Louisville offers a wide range of programs to help seniors deal with the health challenges that often occur with aging, as well as lead healthier lifestyles. Programs available include:
- Arthritis self-help course, a special, six-week program developed by the Arthritis Foundation for anyone suffering from arthritis as well as spouses, family members or friends.
- Arthritis/fibromyalgia program at the Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center offering a Water Wellness program for strengthening, toning and stretching using full range of motion. A Beginning Masters/Arthritis class is also available, offering resistive training and balance work while participants are seated in chairs. Restorative Yoga is well-suited for individuals with arthritis or fibromyalgia, those who are in rehabilitation, or have limited range of motion. All classes are free to Wellness Center members and available to non-members by purchasing packages of five or 10 classes. For more information, or to receive a class schedule, call (502) 896-3900, ext. 302.
- Baptist East Home Health Agency offers in-home nursing; home health aides; physical, occupational and speech therapy; social services; and pastoral care in a seven-county area.
- Better Breather's Club support group for persons diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Body Wellness, an exercise program at the Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center for mature people and those who are recuperating.
- Cancer Resource Center to provide cancer patients and their families with information about cancer and its treatment.
- Cardiac rehabilitation program designed for patients who have experienced a heart attack, coronary artery bypass grafting, angioplasty or valve replacement surgery or who suffer from angina.
- Diabetes outpatient classes, a series of three classes to review the basics of diabetes control with persons previously diagnosed with diabetes and to reinforce physician orders for those who have been newly diagnosed.
- Geropsychiatry program offering psychiatric services on an inpatient and partial hospitalization basis for emotionally troubled older adults.
- Presurgery education class especially for patients undergoing hip or knee replacements.
- Man-to-Man Louisville, offering support and information to prostate cancer survivors.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program to help patients with pulmonary disease breathe easier and improve quality of life through education and an individually-structured exercise program.
- Rehabilitation program, a C.A.R.F.-accredited, inpatient and outpatient program designed to help patients with orthopedic, neurologic and/or neuromuscular diseases and injuries regain skills and independence.
- Sleep disorders center to help doctors diagnose sleep disorders.
- Stroke club, a monthly support group for people who have experienced a stroke, as well as family members and friends.