Culture and services at Baptist Health Louisville
Baptist Health Louisville, a 519-bed acute care hospital in the heart of St. Matthews, is a leading healthcare provider in the Louisville area.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Baptist Health Louisville has garnered a number of awards, most recently the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for eight years in a row.
Other awards include:
- Best of Louisville™ Award, Best Hospital
- Readers' Choice Award, LEO
- IBCLC Award for support of breastfeeding
- 2011 Home Care Elite Report
- Orthopedic Network News Top 10
- Wound Care Center of Excellence
- Certified Primary Stroke Center Award
- Silver Performance Award, American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines
- Gold Performance Achievement Award, American Heart Association's Get With the GuidelinesSM for treatment of heart attack patients
- Coronary Artery Disease Gold Performance Award, American Heart Association's Get With the GuidelinesSM
- We CARE Award, Republic Bank
- Magnet Designation for excellence in nursing services, American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program
- The Consumer First Award for the Cancer Care Center, MediStar
- Acorn Award (large company) for "green leadership"
It is among the top five hospitals in the state for total joint replacement surgery, maternity care, emergency services and neuroscience.
Baptist Health Louisville has earned a strong reputation in cardiology, rehabilitation, cancer and women's health services.
Founded in 1975, Baptist Health Louisville is a member of Baptist Health, one of Kentucky's largest not-for-profit healthcare providers, with hospitals in Lexington, La Grange, Paducah, Corbin and Elizabethtown.
When mentioning Baptist Health Louisville, please remember that the name is Baptist Health Louisville.
The mission of Baptist Health Louisville is to continue our Christian heritage of service and to enhance the health of the people and communities we serve.
The vision of Baptist Health Louisville is to be the leading provider of quality healthcare, where patients want to receive their care, employees want to work, and physicians want to practice.
Baptist Health Louisville will live out its Christ-centered mission to others and achieve its vision guided by the values of integrity, respect, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Along with general medical and surgical services, Baptist Health Louisville offers a variety of programs to meet the community's healthcare needs:
- Breast Care Center offering same-day results for diagnostic mammograms, a resource for questions. the first FDA-approved, computer-aided detection system and breast MRI
- Cancer Center with radiation center, Cancer Resource Center offering information to those diagnosed with cancer, along with cancer prevention information and colon cancer hotline; genetic counseling; and nurse navigators.
- Center for Behavioral Health® providing help for emotional, drug and alcohol problems
- Cardiac Care Center featuring all private rooms for open heart surgery patients with adjoining recovery unit -- all conveniently located on the same floor as Surgery
- Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program offering screenings for for carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease (PAD) and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
- Emergency services, including Trager Pediatric Emergency Care and Chest Pain Services
- Heart Services encompassing comprehensive diagnostic services, open heart surgery and cardiac rehabilitation
- Home Health agency serving seven counties
- Orthopedic Unit
- Neuroscience Unit
- Rehabilitation Program
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Women's health program, featuring the maternity program, all private Mother/Baby rooms, care for breast and gynecological problems
- Wound Care Center offering treatment of slow-healing wounds, pressure ulcers, traumatic wounds, problem surgical wounds and other types of complex soft-tissue injuries.
Baptist Health Louisville
4000 Kresge Way, Louisville, KY 40207