Programs and services
To meet the physical and emotional needs of women, from reproductive health to emotional well-being.
Baptist Health Louisville has programs and services to meet the emotional and physical needs of women, from the traditional areas of reproductive health to promoting vibrant physical health and emotional well-being.
Services available at Baptist Health Louisville include:
- Mother & Baby Care: from Pregnancy to Parenthood
- BabyNet, our online nursery to view new arrivals
- Maternity classes and tours
- Medical/surgical care on a dedicated nursing unit
- Minimally-invasive procedures to aid incontinence, heavy menstrual periods or for hysterectomy
- Women's Imaging Services: digital mammography from a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence using MammoPad™ for increased comfort and a breast care nurse to answer questions, breast MRI, bone density testing, and stereotactic breast biopsy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy to help detect the spread of breast cancer to the underarm lymph nodes
- Lymphedema Clinic to help with chronic swelling of the limbs
- Women's Health Physical Therapy Program, to help with incontinence, pelvic pain, osteoporosis and pain associated with pregnancy.
Baptist Health Louisville offers a variety of other services that can help women keep a healthy outlook on life.
- The Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center, 750 Cypress Station Drive, with an emphasis on fitness plus special pre- and post-natal exercise programs, breast cancer aquatic class, Walking Tall osteoporosis class for members and the Healthy Solutions weight management program. Many classes are available to non-members. For more information, call (502) 896-3900, ext. 302.
- Health information
- Heart-healthy recipes and cookbooks
- The Cancer Resource Center for patients and their families
- Outpatient counseling through the Baptist Health Counseling
- A special pre-surgery class for those needing hip or knee replacement
- The Sleep Disorders Center to pinpoint the causes of sleeplessness and find effective treatment
For more information about the services, call the Baptist Health Information Center at (502) 897-8131.
Pregnancy and parenting
- Mother & Baby Care: From Pregnancy to Parenthood - including a variety of pregnancy and parenting libraries
- Planning ahead for pregnancy
- Pregnancy and beyond
- Newborn care and feeding
- Positive approaches to parenting
Women's health issues
- For women only: the pap test
- Learn more about breast health
- Treating vaginitis
- What are uterine fibroids?
- What every woman should know about ovarian cancer
- Managing menopause
- Understanding perimenopause
- Dealing with menstrual problems
- Women -- at-risk for heart disease
- Signs of urinary tract infections
- The facts about sexually transmitted diseases
Women's health and medical library:
- Surgeries, procedures and tests
- Birth control:
- Breast care:
- Cirugias, procedimientos y examenes
- In-depth reports: