Post-Polio Syndrome Clinic
Staffed by a physiatrist (a doctor who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation), the Post-Polio Syndrome Clinic at Baptist Health Louisville is designed to provide comprehensive care to people suffering from the late effects of poliomyelitis. Services provided include:
- Assessment of current neuromuscular and respiratory system function
- Diagnostic tests such as bone densitometry, pulmonary function testing, X-ray and EMG, as needed
- Treatment of orthopedic and respiratory problems associated with Post-Polio Syndrome
- Rehabilitative services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to help patients regain mobility and self-care skills and overcome swallowing problems
- Patient and family education
- Referral to community resources.
The clinic meets the first Tuesday of the month on the fourth floor of the 4002 Building at Baptist Health Louisville. To schedule an appointment, please call (502) 893-3494.