National accreditation awarded to Baptist Health Louisville for excellence in breast care
Baptist Health Louisville has been awarded a three-year full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons.
This signals to breast cancer patients that they’re receiving the highest quality of care when they choose Baptist Louisville. Baptist Louisville is one of eight Kentucky hospitals to have earned the designation.
When a hospital is approved by the NAPBC, it is indicative of full organizational commitment to excellence in breast health care -- measuring and improving all aspects of that care from prevention to survivorship and beyond. Baptist Louisville’s leadership has made that commitment and shown that level of dedication.
Accreditation is given to centers following a rigorous evaluation process and performance review to ensure compliance with NAPBC standards.
To earn accreditation, a breast center must meet or exceed quality standards in 27 areas established by the NAPBC.
Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of leading-edge services
- A team of professionals to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home
The Breast Care Center at Baptist Louisville provides cancer prevention, detection and personalized care:
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. The center at Baptist Louisville offers comprehensive breast imaging – all digital mammography, ultrasound, ultrasound-guided biopsy, stereotactic biopsy and breast MRI
- A breast health navigator who helps guide newly diagnosed breast cancer patients through the diagnostic, treatment, support and education process
- A genetics clinic, offering cancer risk assessment for individuals with a personal and/or family history of cancer, including breast and colon
- Full on-site (and off-site) treatment services, including radiation therapy and medical oncology
- Surgical care, including plastic/reconstructive surgery support and education programs
For further information, call the Baptist Health Information Center at (502) 897-8131. To schedule your mammogram at a Baptist Louisville facility, call Schedule One at (502) 897-8888.