Baptist Health Home Care
(502) 454-5656 or (800) 248-0289
Baptist Health Home Care can care for you or your loved ones in the comfort of your home. Our team of professionals stays in close contact with your physician while you are under our care. Know that the Baptist Health Home Care provides quality in-home care that includes:
- Registered nurses who administer IV therapy; maintain and replace catheters; deliver special medical treatments ordered by your physician; instruct on wound care and teach diabetic and disease management and monitoring, ostomy care, how to manage medications and how to use oxygen safely.
- Home health aides to assist you with daily personal care tasks, such as bathing, dressing, changing linens and shampooing your hair. Aides can also assist you with simple exercises and walking.
- Physical therapists who can show you and your family how to transfer you from a bed to a chair and other techniques for living with a disability. They can also show you how to adapt your home to minimize your risk of falls and allow you to be more independent. Additionally, they can design a physical therapy program you can do at home to speed your recovery.
- Speech language pathologists to evaluate and treat communication and swallowing disorders and provide caregiver training to assist you with carrying over what you have learned.
- Occupational therapists to help you overcome physical, mental and emotional barriers. This is done through environmental changes and adaptations, coaching, teaching and selection of appropriate equipment to maximize independence with self-care, mobility, socialization, leisure activities and the promotion of wellness.
- Social workers who make arrangements for community resources and help you and your family deal with any illness-related problems through counseling.
- Chaplains who specialize in helping patients and families as they face illness, life changes, loneliness, grief and spiritual crises.
In addition to these basic services, the Baptist Health Home Care also provides programs to meet special needs of homebound patients, including:
- Affiliated Nursing Service to provide private duty nursing services in the home, nursing home or hospital.
- Infusion Therapy, for patients who need IV management of fluids and medications, including chemotherapy and pain management.
- The Heart Care Program for patients with heart conditions, such as congestive heart failure, or recovering from cardiac surgery. Experienced registered nurses visit regularly, checking on programs and teaching patients how to care for themselves. Physical and occupational therapists may also be called in to help with recovery.
- Mental Health Services to homebound individuals who have recently been in the hospital or are having increased signs of a psychiatric illness.
Baptist Health Home Care serves patients in Bullitt, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble counties in Central Kentucky. It is a state-licensed agency and is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid.
At Baptist Health Louisville, home health staff are available to help you plan, will explain home health services and make arrangements for your return home. Ask to speak to a home health intake planner.
To find out more about home health care, call (502) 454-5656 or (800) 248-0289.
To receive home health care, your physician must order specific home health services. When you call, a registered nurse will contact your physician, who will establish a treatment plan. The agency can also help you determine if your insurance plan covers home health services.