For many years, Baptist Health Louisville has been a pioneer in the treatment of vascular disease. It was one of the first hospitals in Louisville to offer non-invasive vascular testing to help doctors diagnose vascular problems. It was the first hospital in Louisville to offer new minimally invasive surgery to repair abdominal aortic aneurysms. And it was among the first hospitals in the nation to care for patients immediately after vascular surgery in monitored beds on a vascular unit, rather than in more costly critical care units. Services provided to patients with vascular disease include:
- Vascular Diagnostic Services, including a non-invasive vascular laboratory as well as invasive testing for problems in the arteries and veins.
- Learn about the Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program screenings for abdominal aortic aneurysm, carotid artery disease and peripheral artery disease.
- Vascular Unit, an inpatient nursing unit which offers special care for patients with vascular disease.
- Vascular Surgery, including new minimally-invasive procedures to repair blocked arteries in the legs, abdominal aortic aneurysms and relieve varicose veins.
- Lymphedema Clinic to manage the chronic swelling sometimes associated with ulcers caused by poor circulation in the veins.
- Rehabilitation for Amputations and Strokes
- Education and Support