Heart services at Baptist Health Louisville
Baptist Health Louisville has an experienced staff dedicated to providing comprehensive cardiology services for heart patients. From diagnosis through treatment, surgery and recovery, Baptist Health Louisville is there -- every step of the way. Services available to patients include:
- Cardiac Care Center, including open heart recovery and Cardiovascular beds, where patients can recover and recuperate in comfort.
- The Cardiovascular Health Awareness Program features screenings for carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease (PAD) and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
- Speedy response to heart attacks, with patients receiving treatment quicker than the national standard times set by the American College of Cardiology.
- Noninvasive cardiology (EKG, holter monitors, echocardiograms, stress tests) with an accredited Echo Lab.
- Radiology services including nuclear studies and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Cardiac catheterization to determine how well the heart is pumping blood and to detect blockages, including a less invasive approach called radial artery catheterization.
- Leading-edge technology through electrophysiology lab studies, which can diagnose many heart conditions without surgery for patients.
- Specialized units where patients are closely monitored by a team of heart specialists.
- Dedicated open heart surgery suites and adjacent open heart recovery rooms as well as classes to help patients and families learn what to expect once they've returned home.
- Minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures, including Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB) surgery.
- The Cardiac Rehabilitation program, which helps patients recover and maintain good health as well as provide support.
- Implantation of new devices, such as a bi-ventricular pacemaker or biventricular implantable cardiodefibrillator (ICD) can also improve quality of life for CHF patients.
- Information on preventing heart disease and promoting healthy eating at the Heart Rock Café, as well as a heart-healthy cookbook.
- Treatment for sleep-related breathing problems that can lead to chronic high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke at Baptist Health Louisville's Sleep Disorders Center.
- Health information on risk factors, surgical options, exercise, diet and other heart-healthy related topics.
For more information about heart services available at Baptist Health Louisville, or for a physician referral, call the Baptist Health Information Center at (502) 897-8131. Click here for a printable blood pressure log.