Baptist Health Counseling has a full range of psychiatric services devoted to helping our patients live an emotionally fulfilling life. Information about these services and how to access them can be obtained from our 24-hour Access Center.
Encouraging healthy changes and personal growth is the focus of all treatment programs. Your treatment plan will be tailored to meet your specific needs.
- Inpatient psychiatric care is provided in our Crisis Management Unit where programs are structured to meet your needs according to your age and level of illness.
- Partial hospitalization allows you to spend your evenings at home with care provided during the day.
- Intensive outpatient care involves sessions scheduled up to three hours a day for a maximum of five days a week.
- Outpatient care may be best for you. Individual, family, couples and group counseling are available.
Your family plays a vital role in your care and recovery. We also offer family and couples therapy to help you restore, normalize and enhance your family relationship.
A team approach to care
The Baptist Health Counseling staff is here to help you, with psychiatrists, mental health therapists, nurses, chaplains, a recreational therapist, social workers and an expressive therapist working together to help you recover.
Signs of a crisis
Recognizing the signs of mental health crisis can be difficult, but factors that may indicate a problem include:
- Change in appetite; increase or decrease in weight
- Increase or decrease in sleep
- Unexplainable increase in moodiness and jumpiness
- Difficulty in thinking and concentrating
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities
- Fatigue and loss of energy
- Sense of hopelessness
- Feeling unreal or disconnected
These are just some of the possible signs of emotional illness. One or more of these may also be caused by a physical illness. Please consult a professional. We suggest you check with your health insurance provider regarding your plan's coverage of mental health services.
Inpatient, Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient services are provided at Baptist Health Louisville, 4002 Kresge Way, Louisville, KY 40207. Outpatient services are conveniently located at 209 Executive Park, Louisville, KY 40207.
For more information, call the 24-hour Access Center at 502-896-7105 or toll-free 1-800-478-1105.