Employee Assistance Program
Baptist Health Counseling offers quality employee assistance program (EAP) services to area businesses.
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is one of the most effective ways to deal with alcohol/drug problems and emotional problems that affect productivity in the workplace.
EAP counselors meet with individuals to address such issues. There is a pre-defined limit on the number of sessions within which a resolution is sought. If the problem requires more treatment, a referral is usually made and the employee or family member may access their medical insurance to continue treatment. Baptist East's EAP is also available to train employees and supervisors on a variety of subjects.
Benefits of offering an EAP
An EAP can offer your business many benefits, including:
- Assistance with policy development, employee education and supervisor training
- Taking pressure off supervisors and managers, who may feel responsible when employees' personal problems affect job performance
- Offering an alternative to firing, thereby saving the costs of recruiting, rehiring and training
- Offering access to treatment to employees with problems that can affect job performance
- Decreasing accidents, workers compensation claims, absenteeism, health benefit utilization and turnover rates
- Assisting employees in complying with drug-free workplace laws
Baptist Health Louisville's EAP services are offered at:
209 Executive Park, Louisville, KY 40207, near Baptist Health Louisville and The Mall St. Matthews (outpatient services). Inpatient services are offered at Baptist Health Louisville's 4002 Building.
For more information
For more information about starting an EAP at your company, please call the Baptist Health Counseling at (502) 896-7105 or toll-free 1-800-478-1105.