Facts and stats about Baptist Health Louisville
Baptist Health Louisville, a 519-bed acute care hospital in the heart of St. Matthews, is a leading healthcare provide in the Metro Louisville area. With a workforce of more than 3,600, it is one of Louisville’s Top 10 employers. Offering a convenient suburban location, comprehensive services and a warm, family-oriented atmosphere, Baptist Health Louisville is one of the most widely used hospitals in the area. The 52-acre main campus includes the hospital, physician office buildings, a radiation center for cancer patients and a day care center for employees’ children.
Baptist Health Louisville also has three off-site locations for outpatient care:
- Baptist Eastpoint, 2400 Eastpoint Parkway near Anchorage, with outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging (digital mammography, bone-density testing), MRI, CT and fluoroscopy, vascular testing/screening, adult and pediatric physical therapy, lab and even a café. Eastpoint also has physician offices and a Baptist Urgent Care.
- Baptist Health Imaging, 12010 Shelbyville Road, Middletown, with open MRI, diagnostic imaging including digital mammography, bone-density testing, X-ray and vascular testing/screening.
- Baptist Jeffersontown, 10216 Taylorsville Road, with outpatient physical therapy and physician offices. This location also has physician offices and a Baptist Urgent Care.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Baptist Health Louisville has garnered a number of awards:
- Eight-time winner of Best Places to Work in Kentucky (large company division)
- Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®
- 2010 Thomson Reuters 50 Top Hospitals® Cardiovascular Services
- Five-time honoree in the Top 100 Hospitals as chosen by Thomson Reuters®
- Consumer First MediStar winner from Medical News for the Cancer Care Center
- Three-time Medal of Honor winner from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for its organ donor conversion rate
- Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines™ program for stroke and coronary artery disease
- Best of Louisville® Award for Best Hospital – multi-year winner
- Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hospital – multi-year winner
Baptist Health Louisville is among the top five hospitals in the state for total joint replacement surgery, maternity care, emergency services and neurosciences. The hospital has earned a strong reputation in cardiology, rehabilitation, cancer and women’s health services.
Founded in 1975, Baptist Health Louisville is a member of Baptist Health, one of Kentucky’s largest not-for-profit healthcare providers, with hospitals in Lexington, La Grange, Paducah, Corbin and Richmond. Baptist also manages a hospital in Elizabethtown.
Along with general medical and surgical services, Baptist Health Louisville offers a variety of programs to meet the community's healthcare needs:
- Baptist Eastpoint outpatient services and surgery center
- Baptist Express Care in area Walmart stores
- Baptist Health Counseling, providing help for emotional, drug and alcohol problems
- Baptist Health Imaging
- Baptist Urgent Care
- Baptist Medical Associates
- Bariatric (weight-loss) surgery
- Center for Cancer Care with radiation center featuring IMRT and IGRT plus stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Cancer Resource Center offering information to those diagnosed with cancer, along with cancer prevention information, colon cancer hotline and nurse navigator
- Cardiac Care Center featuring all private rooms for open heart surgery patients with an adjoining recovery unit – all conveniently located on the same floor as Surgery
- Emergency services, including Chest Pain Services.
- Heart Services encompassing comprehensive diagnostic services, open heart surgery and cardiac rehabilitation
- Home Health agency serving seven counties
- Orthopedic Units
- Neurosciences Unit
- Palliative Care
- Rehabilitation Program
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Women's Health, featuring our maternity program, all private mother/baby rooms, care for breast and gynecological problems and 4-D ultrasound
- Women's Imaging Center, complete with Breast Care Center offering digital mammography, same-day results for diagnostic mammograms and a nurse navigator.
- Wound Care Center
Baptist Health Louisville
4000 Kresge Way, Louisville, KY 40207