What the Knowledge Program includes
Fund your future through the Knowledge Program
The Knowledge Program at Baptist Health Louisville provides funding for students majoring in:
- RN Nursing
- Clinical laboratory services
- Other approved allied health majors
The program provides:
- $5,000 a year per student
- $15,000 for accelerated students
Distributions are made every semester if eligible. Current and non-current employees are eligible for assistance.
The following criteria must be completed for consideration in the Baptist Health Knowledge Program:
- All students must complete all pre-requisites and be accepted into their major program of study to apply. An acceptance letter must be attached to the application unless actively enrolled in upper-division classes.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA; attach all official transcripts.
- Two letters of reference (one from a classroom or clinical instructor and one from an employer).
- Statement of why you are pursuing a healthcare career and why you need assistance.
- Completed Baptist Health Louisville application (located online at baptisteast.com).
- Internal candidates must be in good standing regarding performance and attendance.
Attach all of the above and submit information to:
Baptist Health Louisville
Attn: Human Resources
4000 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207
Applications are reviewed in early April and September.
Due to IRS rules and regulations, there is a tax liability to the individual when a loan is “forgiven” under this agreement. The tax liability will be due at the time the loan is forgiven and spread over five pay periods. The loan is forgiven after the requirement of employment is completed. For every $2,500 given in assistance, a six-month commitment of employment is required upon graduation.
This program is based on available funds and is subject to review on a regular basis. This program can be discontinued at any time.
Other funding opportunities and programs are available.