Employee incentive programs
With the high expectations of employees at Baptist Health Louisville come rewards. At Baptist Louisville, they come in two forms: instant gratification (otherwise known as WOW cards or Wowees) and public recognition for high-achievers.
The Employee of the Year is selected from the top scoring Champions. The Employee of the Year receives a gift card and acts as the service excellence ambassador. Both Champions and Heroes are recognized at the annual employee anniversary and awards banquet.
At the banquet, employees with five, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and more years of service are honored with a service pin and their choice of gift. Gift selections range from jewelry to crystal, electronics to outdoor gear.
Other incentives include:
- Employees at Baptist Louisville receive a 35 percent discount in the hospital cafeteria.
- A free Christmas dinner is served in the cafeteria for all employees. Members of the management team serve hot and cold appetizers to those waiting in line while those in the cafeteria are serenaded by a employee choir.
- A Gift Shop discount is given to each employee during his/her birthday month.
- Fun, games, prizes and great food are hallmarks of the annual hospital week picnic. Department teams vie for honors in games such as the scrub scramble.
- A comprehensive benefits plan is also offered.
- The referral incentive bonus program gives a cash reward to employees who recruit personnel for specified key positions. Information about the program is available in the Human Resources Department.
- Thanksgiving turkeys and hams are distributed to Baptist Louisville employees each year. All turkeys and hams not picked up by employees are given to charity.