Baptist Health Louisville strives to offer competitive salary packages to recruit Louisville's finest employees.
Pay scales and benefit package offerings are reviewed regularly to maintain competitive pay programs. Benefits are available for both full-time and part-time employees.
For more information on benefits, ask for the Career Opportunities fact sheet from the Baptist Health Louisville Human Resources Department, (502) 897-8822.
Salaries. Salaries are based on experiences. Differential pay for evening and night work. On-call pay for those required to be on-call. Pay increases based on merit.
Paid Time Off (PTO). Plans are offered for all Baptist entities. Accrued time increases with service. Unused PTO time will roll over to the next calendar year. PTO sellsback is also available.
Sick Pay. Sick pay is offered at all Baptist affiliates. There is no maximum amount of sick pay that can be accumulated. Sick pay is accrued each quarter of the calendar year. Sick pay sell-back is available annually after 560 hours have been accumulated.
Bereavement leave. Up to three days paid for a death in the immediate family.
Flexible Benefits Plan. Mix and match most benefits to suit your personal needs while reducing your pre-tax income.
Educational Assistance. After six months of employment, tuition reimbursement for full-time employees up to $2,500 a year. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
Life Insurance. Free life insurance. Additional coverage can be purchased.
Health Insurance. A choice of plans is available. Both full- and part-time employees can participate.
Dental Insurance. Optional group plans for both routine and more comprehensive dental coverage.
Long-Term Care Insurance. This optional plan pays a benefit if you or a family member becomes ill or injured and needs long-term care.
Long-Term Disability Insurance. Group plan paid for by the hospital if you work a minimum of 60 hours per pay period.
Retirement Accumulation Plan. Paid for by the hospital for part-time and full-time employees of Baptist Louisville.
Thrift Plan. Optional hospital-sponsored matching tax-deferred retirement savings plan.
Health Services. Free annual lab tests, including blood profile, chest X-ray, immunizations. On-site nurse practitioner who provides care for employees with urgent care needs for minor illnesses.
Security. 24-hour coverage.
Parking. Free hospital parking in attached garage.
Cafeteria. Variety of nutritious meals at a substantial employee discount available on all three shifts.
Day Care Center. On-site for the children of Baptist employees, including Baptist Medical Associates and Baptist Health.
Pharmacy. Prescription service at cost.
Short-Term Disability Insurance. Optional coverage available.
Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center. Enrollment fee waived; discounted monthly rates with payroll deduction available. Discount also offered on HMR Healthy Solutions weight-management program.
An added -- and invaluable -- benefit is the opportunity to work with employees who care for each other in many ways. Baptist Health Louisville employees are generous in their donations to the Employee Emergency Assistance Fund, with buying toys and needed items for those families at Christmas and throughout the year. Baptist Health Louisville employees also pitch in to help the community, raising funds for health-related charities and research efforts, plus such worthy local causes as Metro United Way and the Fund for the Arts.
- Education and Development department for continuing career development, including leading-edge Simulation Lab.
- On-site computer training classes.
- Employee service awards
- Credit union/savings plan by payroll deduction
- Employee Assistance Program
- Clinical career ladders
- On-site bank, dry cleaning services and hair salon
- Discounts at area businesses and attractions
Note: Benefits are subject to change without notice at management’s discretion.
A good place to work
Some of the reasons why people like to work at Baptist Health Louisville are competitive pay, a full range of benefits, pleasant working environment, the personal satisfaction that comes from helping others, a commitment to continuous improvement and the challenge presented by the hospital’s many programs and services, such as:
- Baptist Eastpoint outpatient services and surgery center
- Baptist Express Care inside Walmart stores
- Baptist Health Cancer Care
- Baptist Health Cancer Resource Center offering information, plus a nurse navigator
- Baptist Health Counseling, providing help for emotional, drug and alcohol problems
- Baptist Health Louisville Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Baptist Jeffersontown outpatient center
- BaptistWorx® Occupational Health & Wellness Program
- Baptist Medical Associates
- Baptist Urgent Care
- Bariatric Center for weight-loss surgery
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiac Care Center
- Cardiac Catherization and EP laboratory
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Cardiovascular Intervention Unit
- Center for Pain Management
- Critical Care (ICU, CCU, TCU, PCU)
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Services, including Pediatric After-hours Care and Chest Pain Services
- Genetics testing
- Home Health agency serving seven counties
- Medical/surgical nursing units Orthopedic unit
- Muscular Dystrophy Clinic
- Neonatal Intermediate Care Nursery
- Neurosciences unit
- Orthopedic unit
- Open Heart Surgery/Recovery
- Palliative Care unit
- Radiation centers
- Rehabilitation program
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Vascular services, including dedicated nursing unit
- Women’s health, including maternity services, digital mammography, 4-D ultrasound in the Reproductive Imaging Center, Breast Care Center and care for gynecological problems
- Wound Care Center
For more information about employment opportunities at Baptist Health Louisville, contact Human Resources, (502) 897-8822.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER