Pizza in a Pinch
When pizza crusts are a chore, try these alternative foundations for your favorite toppings. From the "non-traditional" breakfast to a late night snack, the pizza concept is great.
- Whole wheat tortillas
- French or Italian bread, split
- Boboli crust (purchased from grocery store)
- Bagel halves
- Foccacia (purchased)
- Hot roll mix (takes 20 minutes)
- Individual pita bread
- Cottage cheese and fruit (rolled in a tortilla and warmed).
- Brush with olive oil and garlic. Top with tomato slices, spinach and low fat cheese. Bake until browned.
- Fat free mayonnaise, artichokes, chopped chicken and Parmesan cheese.
- Tomato sauce, soy pepperoni and low fat cheese.
- Low-fat cheese and pineapple chunks.
Baptist Health Louisville offers comprehensive services for people with heart disease. For more information, call the Baptist Health Information Center at (502) 897-8131.